Windstream is known as one of the biggest players in the field of internet, phone, and email services provider. Windstream services are very popular in rural areas of the United States. When you create a new Windstream username, you get a free email address and that becomes your Windstream Email login username followed by windstream.net. For example, if the username is James.smith, the Windstream email login address will be email@example.com. All the prior legacy email address users can log in with the older email addresses (ctc.net, alltel.net, valornet.com, etc) before shifting to Windstream login.
How to Sign Up for a Windstream Email Account?
Below are the steps that you need to follow to sign up for a Windstream account.
- Visit the official website of the Windstream (my.windstream.com)
- Find the option of “New User? Start Here” at the bottom of the screen
- Now, you need to enter the account number that you received already on the Welcome email or bill along with the Email address, Billing Zip Code, and Last Name.
- Make a click on the button of “Register”.
- An Activation email will be sent that will allow you to set up your Windstream email login username and password.
- In the end, fill all the Sign-In and User Information.
If you are not able to find the Activation mail, look in the Spam or junk mail folder for the email from firstname.lastname@example.org and also add the same email address to your address book.
After registering, you will enjoy the below-mentioned benefits with Windstream:
- You can make one-time payments or sign up for AutoPay.
- You can manage your account settings and notifications.
- You can view and make amendments to your Kinetic services.
- You can also enable text alerts for the service appointment reminders/track your technician and bill notifications.
You can enjoy all these features and services through the dedicated mobile app of Windstream.
Also, note that you cannot register again if you have already completed the process of Windstream login account registration.
Windstream Email Login Process
Below are the steps that you need to follow for the Windstream email login.
- Firstly, open a web browser or the Windstream app on your device.
- Now, open this URL “www.windstreamonline.com/pol/WinLogin.action” to access the Windstream.net login page. You can also click on the Sign In link at the top of the homepage.
- While installing the modem, you must have chosen your username and password for the first Windstream email account.
- Now, you will find a Windstream email login page with the title as “Please use your Windstream Online information”.
- You need to enter your Windstream login username or email address in the provided field box. If you don’t have a Windstream login username, create one by clicking on the “Register for access here” link and then following the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the Windstream login password.
- In the end, make a click on the Sign In button for logging into your account. You will be able to access your inbox emails, pay bills, watch live tv online, etc after you log into your Windstream account.
Additional Windstream Email Addresses
The Windstream allows its users to create up to five free email addresses. The full administration rights are only given to the primary Windstream login username and email address through which you can manage your account and all account features. Only the primary account holder has the right to create multiple unique Windstream email and usernames. All the created usernames and email addresses have an individual inbox.
For creating an administrative Windstream login username, visit the Sign In page of the Windstream and click on the “Register for access here” link. You need to follow all the on-screen instructions for the successful creation of an administrative Windstream username.
After creating the administrative Windstream account, users can enjoy adding up to five additional usernames with a unique email address and inbox.
Below are the steps that you need to follow for adding a new user:
- Open this link on your device “www.windstream.net”.
- Now, click on the option of “My Account & Support” from the available menu.
- Select the option of “Manage My Account”.
- You need to enter the email address and password under the Online Account Options section and then click on the “Login” button.
- After you log in, select the option of “Change User Names, Passwords, & Email accounts”.
- Under the “Change User Names, Passwords, & Email accounts” section, you will find an option of the Add Email.
- In the end, You need to fill all the required details (New User Name and Password) in the provided field boxes and then click on the “Add” button.
How to Reset Windstream Login Username and Password?
You need to visit the Windstream Sign In page to rest your Windstream username or password. If a user forgets the password, then he/she needs to click on the option of “Forgot Password” or click on the “Forgot username” option if the user has forgotten username. You can find both of these options below the Sign In button.
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to reset your Windstream login username:
- After clicking on the Forgot username option, fill all the necessary information i.e. Email Address, User Type (Select customer), Billing Zip Code, and Account Number.
- Now click on the green-colored continue button and after that follow all the on-screen instructions carefully.
Windstream Router Login
Windstream router login is a must for connecting your router/modem with the internet. Through the Windstream router login, users gain access to the router settings and configuration page. Users can make changes in the Windstream router login username, password, and other settings.
The default IP Address for the Windstream router login is 192.168.254.254. Through this IP address, users can log in to the Windstream router configurations and settings page.
Required Details for Windstream Router Login:
- Windstream Router IP Address- 192.168.254.254
- Windstream Router Login username- You can set this as per your choice.
- Windstream Router password- The default password is admin but you can change it as per your choice.
The Steps to be followed for Windstream Router Login are Mentioned below in Detail:
- Firstly, you need to turn on the router/modem and then connect your device to the internet through the Wi-Fi of the device or Ethernet cable.
- Now, open the web browser in your system and use any of the search engines such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, etc.
- Go to the URL search bar and type this IP Address ”192.168.254.254” and then click Enter.
- Make a click on the “Home Network” option and then click on the “Wireless Settings” option found below the grey bar. You will land on the Windstream router login page.
- Now you need to enter the default WIndsream login username and password in the required field boxes. Keep the username space blank and enter admin as the password.
- In the end, click on the “Login” or “OK” button. After the successful login, you can make changes to the router settings/configuration, username, password, etc.
Make sure to note down the password, username or any other settings that you change/update as this will come in handy when you log in again.
Quicksteps for Windstream Router Login
- Firstly, you need to turn on your Windstream Router/modem.
- Now, make a connection between your device and the router network.
- Open the web browser in your device and go to the Windstream Router Login page.
- Enter the default username and password of the Windstream Router.
- In the end, make a click on the “Login” to gain access to the Windstream router settings/configuration page.
Windstream Router Reset
You may be facing some problem or issue in the process of Windstream login. No worries, you can easily reset your Windstream Router to get rid of any Windstream router login problem or issue. Also, remember that resetting the router means losing all the personalized settings, the router will be set to its default settings and configuration. The detailed steps to reset the Windstream router/modem are mentioned below.
- Firstly, make sure that the router/modem is turned on.
- Now, look for the reset button located at the back of the router/modem.
- You can use a paper clip or needle to press and hold the reset button for a while.
- In the end, You need to release the reset button after a while to successfully reset your Windstream router/modem.
We hope that the above-mentioned information was helpful for you. But if you still have any further issues or queries related to Windstream Email Login, you can get in touch with our technical team through live chat support for further assistance. Our team is ready to assist you 24*7 for solving your different problems/queries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Windstream Email Login
Ans: Visit the www.windstream.net link and then click on the “email” option found at the top-right side of the menu bar or go to the webmail.windstream.net to directly visit the email login page. You can use an email application on your mobile phone or use an email client on your system.
Ans: Yes. You just need to login to your MyWIN account and then click on the “Pay Now” option at the Homepage. Now you will be redirected to the Make A Payment page, confirm the amount to be paid and the payment method. Click on the “Pay Now” option.
Ans: Open the www.windstream.net link and then click on the “email” option found at the top right side of the page or go to webmail.windstream.net to access the email login page directly. You can use an email client on your system or an email application on your smartphone.
Ans: Windstream online is a dedicated app developed by Windstream for Apple and Android users. This app allows users to access and manage their Windstream account on the go. Through Windstream online, users can enable auto-pay service, make a one-time payment, etc.
Ans: Windstream- known for providing the best internet services in rural areas filed for bankruptcy on 26-02-2019. The company said that its bankruptcy declaration will help prevent any negative or bad impressions on its existing customers.
Ans: The Windstream Internet plan range starts from $26USD and goes till $56USD per month. The different plans come with different download speed, you can visit the Windstream website to view the plans in detail.
Ans: You can visit the local office of Windstream and ask them to cancel your subscription or send an email to Support@Windstream.net asking to cancel your subscription.
Ans: Firstly, press the Windows key on your keyboard to go to the Start menu.
Make a click on the Mail.
Now, click on the Settings icon.
Click on Accounts.
Select Add Account.
Click on the Other account option under the Choose an account section.
Enter the required information- full email address with the @windstream.net suffix, name, password.
In the end, click on the Sign In button.
Ans: Firstly, go to the settings of your iPhone.
Now, choose the option of “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars”.
Click on the “Add account” option and select “Other”.
Click on the “Add Mail Account” and then enter the below-mentioned details:
Name: Your real name
Email: Your full Windstream email address
Password: Your Windstream account password
Description: Type “Windstream”.
Select the pop3 for the incoming mail server and enter the below-mentioned details:
Password: Your Windstream account password
Now, go to the outgoing mail server and enter the bel;ow-mentioned details:
Password: Your Windstream account password
Click on “save” and select your email address on the next page.
Select SMTP for the outgoing mail server.
Select smtp.windstream.net under the Main server and make sure that the SSL is none and Serverport is set as 25.
Click on “Done” and move back to the previous page. Select the “Advanced” option and make sure that the SSL is none and Serverport is set as pop.windstream.net.
In the end, you need to go back to the previous page again and then restart your iPhone.
Ans: Visit this link “www.windstream.net”.
Now, click on the “My Account & Support” option.
Click on “Manage My Account”.
Enter the email address and password and then click on “Login”.
After logging in, click on the “Change User Names, Passwords, and Email accounts” option.
Now, click on the “I forgot my password‘ link and then follow all the on-screen instructions.
Ans: Visit this link “www.windstream.net”.
Click on the “Forgot Your Login or Password” option.
Enter all the required details- first name, last name, and the email address and then click on “OK”.
You need to answer the security questions and then click on “OK”.
The password will be sent to your registered email address.
Ans: You will find a button labeled as “Reset” on the Windstream router, press and hold it for 10 seconds with the help of a paperclip. Now your Windstream router’s reset process will start and you need to wait for a while till the reset process completes.
Ans: Go to the settings of your iPhone.
Select the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option.
Now, choose the account in which you want to make changes.
Click again on the “Account” option to go to the account settings.
Click on the “password”, delete the existing one and set the new password.
Click on “Done” to finish.
Windstream email services do not limit what email addresses a user can use. If you already have one Windstream email account, keep using it the way you always have. Along with internet services, the users are also provided with free windstream.net email addresses. They can avail it whenever they want to.
The process of deleting a Windstream account is as easy as to create it. Firstly, go to the official website (windstream.net) and log in to your account by providing the valid login credentials. Go to the ‘Settings’ tab and select the option of ‘Delete Account’, provide your reason for deleting and click on the ‘Delete’ button.
Note: The user will have no access after deleting the account
Windstream customer services provide 24*7 assistance to their user. The users can contact the representatives via:
Email – you can drop an email if you think your query requires more detail. The representatives will send you a response within 24 hours
Live Chat – The users can connect with the experts via live chat only on 24 hours.
If you are setting up your Windstream email account on a mobile device or a system for the first time, it will set up the servers automatically just after providing your Windstream login credentials. In case, you are adding this as an additional account, you will have to configure Windstream email settings on your own. Windstream email settings exist in two types of server IMAP or POP and SMTP.
IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) and POP (Post Office Protocol), both are for incoming emails on your account.
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is for replying, forwarding, and composing new emails.
Note: The users are advised to choose Windstream IMAP settings and not POP for smoother services.
Windstream’s feature to block spam filters out the numerous unwanted emails on its own self. It saves the time of the user as they do not have to delete the mails manually. To block emails by domains, follow the subsequent steps:
Log in your Windstream email account > click on the ‘Preferences’ > Drop down the option of ‘Mail’ and choose ‘Spam mail’ > search for the domain or email address you want to block messages from > check the ‘Block’ tab > click on ‘Save’ to make changes.
The users can always unblock the domain and allow the incoming emails from the same addresses.
If you have multiple accounts in your mail application and want to enable email notification of your Windstream mail account, follow the steps below:
Open your email account > navigate yourself towards the ‘Menu’ option > Click on ‘Settings’ > Drop down the option ‘Notifications’ and ‘Notification level’ > choose ‘Inbox notifications’ and turn in ‘On’ and make sure you check the option of ‘Include Sound’ > Click ‘Sound’
Below are the steps to report spam or junk mails to Windstream:
1. Log-in your Windstream email account and open ‘Junk email’ folder
2. Choose ‘Spam’ from the top
3. Search for the emails or domain and click right on it
4. Mark it as ‘Spam’
The domain will be blocked and you will not receive any new emails from the same domain
Below are the detailed steps to set up a Windstream email account in Windows 10:
1. Click on ‘Windows’ to browse ‘Menu’
2. Search for ‘Mail’ and select it
3. Click on ‘Settings’ and ‘Accounts’ respectively
4. Select the option of ‘Add Account’ and choose ‘Other Account’
5. Enter your Windstream Login credentials such as ‘Email address’, ‘Full Name’ and ‘Password’
6. Click on ‘Sign – in’ to complete the procedure
Now, you will be able to access all the emails on your Windstream email account from windows 10.
By applying the steps mentioned below, all your emails on the Windstream email account will arrive at your Gmail maildrop.
1. Open your Gmail account and click on ‘Settings’
2. Select ‘Accounts’ and tap on ‘Add a mail account’
3. Enter your Windstream Email address, Password, and Username and click on ‘Next’
4. Select the option of ‘Import emails from my other account’ under POP server and click on ‘Next’
5. Provide your Windstream Login credentials again
Mark the option of ‘Leave a copy of the retrieved messages on the server’
6. Enter ‘pop.windstream.net’ in front of ‘POP server’ and ‘110’ in ‘Port no.’
7. Click on ‘Add Account’ and check the ‘No (you can change this later)’
Finally, click on ‘Finish’ to end the process
If you are looking for the configuration procedure of Windstream email settings on iPhone and iPad devices then, follow the steps below and set up a Windstream email account through IMAP or POP and SMTP server.
1. Choose ‘Settings’
2. Click on ‘Mail’ and select ‘Contacts and Calendars’
3. Click on ‘Add Account’ and select ‘Other’
4. Choose the option of ‘Add Mail Account’
5. Provide the following information: Full Name, Email address, and Password
6. Drop down the option of ‘Incoming Mail Server’ and enter ‘pop.windstream.net’ with your login details
7. Scroll down the option of ‘Outcoming Mail Server’ and enter ‘smtp.windstream.net’ with your login details
8. Below the ‘Main Server’ select ‘smtp.windstream.net’ and enter ‘25’ as the ‘Server Port Number’
9. Go back to the previous page and select ‘pop.windstream.net’ and click on ‘Finish’
10. Restart your iPhone or iPad device and access your Windstream email account whenever and wherever you want
Yes. Windstream email account can also be accessed on mobile devices via its application, named ‘MyWIN’. This Windstream application is free and can be installed on Apple and Android devices. The users can manage their account notifications, settings, view and pay bills, and make any kind of changes. To download the ‘MyWIN’, go to the ‘Apple app stores’ or ‘Google Play Stores’ as per your device and install the app.
The procedure mentioned below applies to Outlook 10, for other Outlook versions, the procedure can also be used to configure Windstream email account:
1. Open your outlook account and go to ‘File’
2. Select ‘Add Account’ and choose ‘Manually configure additional server types’ and click on ‘next’
3. Click on ‘Internet Email’ and provide the following credentials:
Windstream Full Name:
Windstream Email Address:
Type of Account: IMAP
Incoming Server: imap.windstream.net
Outgoing Server: smtp.windstream.net
Windstream Email Address and Password:
4. Go back and select ‘More Settings’ and click ‘Advanced’
5. Enter the following details:
IMAP Encrypted Connection: SSL
IMAP Port Number: 993
SMTP Encrypted Connection: TLS
SMTP Port Number: 587
And click on ‘OK’
6. Click on ‘Next’ and let the procedure complete, at last, click on ‘Finish’ to end the configuration process.
By changing your email password you can protect your Windstream email account from the hackers. Before implementing the below step make sure when you change the Windstream password, the new one is stronger and difficult to deduce.
Step 1: Go the Windstream website and sign in your account
Step 2: Click on ‘Account and Support’ and drop the menu
Step 3: Select ‘Manage Account’
Step 4: Provide your Windstream login credentials to confirm that it is you only
Step 5: Click on ‘Change Password’
Step 6: Enter a new and strong password; Re-enter to confirm
Step 7: Click on ‘Change’ to save all the changes you made.
For more solutions, contact our experts. Don’t forget to share this blog to help your friends.